- We are working with new and existing business clients to assist in applying for assistance available from the SBA loan programs. Fee for this service will be charged are our standard rates.
- We want to help low and middle income individuals get money from the IRS. We are preparing taxes for low income households to help them obtain their refunds quickly and maximize the valuable Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC). This credit can mean thousands of dollars quickly to those who need it most. NotchBooks is providing this service at low or no cost.
Please note the following regarding tax filing deadlines:
- The IRS and NY State have granted a 90 day extension to file and pay your income taxes. This is available to all taxpayers without the need to file an extension.
Please note the following regarding our operations:
- We are actively monitoring news that may have an impact on our clients and will work to get this information to you.
- Our offices are currently closed for in-person appointments. However, we have prepared for this and are working virtually. Please call us at (631) 551-5099 if you want to schedule a phone or Zoom appointment in lieu of a live visit.
- We are not accepting mail or overnight packages at our office. All clients are encouraged to use our Secure Firm Portal to send us files and exchange documents online. You can access the portal via our website at https://www.notchbooks.com/quick-send.php If using our web portal is not an option, please contact our office to make other arrangments.
- We have consulted with our IT provider to be sure that all of our systems are secure and fully accessible from outside of the office.
- The govenrment is writing checks to individuals. This link will help you figure out how much is coming: https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/business/coronavirus-stimulus-check-calculator/
- Information about the Corona Virus Covid-19 Busingess Emergency Funding and Relief Programs from the US Chamber of Commerce: https://www.uschamber.com/co/small-business-coronavirus
- Information from NY State Unemployement for employees: https://labor.ny.gov/ui/cares-act.shtm
- Information from the Department of Labor for employers: https://www.dol.gov/agencies/whd/pandemic/ffcra-questions
- Deadline for IRA and HSA contributions has been extended: https://www.forbes.com/sites/ashleaebeling/2020/03/24/ira--hsa-contribution-deadlines-extended-due-to-coronavirus/#6b9109f03808
- Best 0% credit card transfer offers: https://www.nerdwallet.com/best/credit-cards/low-interest?trk=nw_gn1_4.0
- Get help with your vehicle payments: https://www.creditkarma.com/advice/i/coronavirus-auto-loan-relief
- Get help with your mortgage payment: https://fortune.com/2020/03/23/mortgage-deferment-forbearance-modification-coronavirus/
- Updates regarding federal Taxes: https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/news-releases-for-current-month
- Important information for business owners from the Hauppauge Industrial Association: https://www.hia-li.org/coronavirus-updates/
Scammers are at their best when we most most vulnerable. Learn how to protect yourself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?
- Get a PIN from the IRS to protect your refund, rebate check and personal information: https://www.irs.gov/identity-theft-fraud-scams/get-an-identity-protection-pin
Enable two factor authentication on all of your logins: https://www.youtube.com/watch?
Thank you for being a valued client and for your continued trust as we manage through this time together. If you have any questions or need further assistance, please call us at (631) 551-5099 or email us at email@example.com.